Every birthday is special – but these are particularly important in your retirement journey.1 Here are some age milestones to keep in mind:
- Age 55 – Penalty-free distributions allowed from 401(k), if retired
- Age 59 ½ – Penalty-free distributions allowed from IRAs and qualified plans as well as ROTH IRAs at least 5 years old
- Age 60 – Can apply for early Social Security under deceased spouse’s earnings record
- Age 62 – Can apply for early Social Security under own earnings record (benefits reduced)
- Age 65 – Apply for Medicare Parts A and B beginning 3 months before your birthday
- Coverage begins the 1st day of the month you turn 65
- If you are employed/covered by other insurance, you can enroll any time after 65
- Age 66 – Full retirement age for unreduced Social Security benefits
- Age 70 –Apply for Social Security to get maximum benefits
- Age 70 ½ –Must start IRA required minimum distributions
Your retirement age milestone can make a difference to your financial well-being. Missing or dismissing one of these critical milestones can significantly cost you. Call us and let us help you stay on track for the happy retirement you deserve.
The content within this document is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute legal or tax advice. Customers should consult a legal or tax professional regarding their own situation. This document is not an offer to purchase, sell, replace, or exchange any product. Insurance products and any related guarantees are backed by the claims paying ability of an insurance company. Insurance policy applications are vetted through an underwriting process set forth by the issuing insurance company. Some applications may not be accepted based upon adverse underwriting results.
By clicking on these links, you will leave our server, as they are located on another server. We have not independently verified the information available through this link. The link is provided to you as a matter of interest. Please click on the links below to leave and proceed to the selected site.